Tuesday, January 5, 2010

One more...

I don't make resolutions because they just make me feel guilty when I break them. I don't make commitments because I'm afraid of disappointing people if I don't live up to them. I don't make plans because plans just make God laugh at me.

But I do choose words and I try to choose them carefully. The word I chose for 2008 was "No". It was a bit negative but it needed to be said. The word I chose for 2009 was "tenacity". It was a good word. It may not have been a very active word but it kept me hanging on.

2010 has been waiting for it's word while I have been wrestling with my defeatist tendencies. I wanted a word to inspire me to plan, to encourage me to commit, to strengthen my resolve... Hmm... I think I just heard an angel giggle...

So, my slightly cryptic but ever so inspiring word for 2010 is..actually two words. "One more"

Can I write a blog post every day in 2010? Probably not. But today I can write one more. Can I lose 80 pounds? Unlikely. But I'm sure I can lose just one more. Will I finish a book? Let's focus on one more chapter. Will my children ever listen to me? Maybe if I say what's in my heart one more time.

One more healthy meal, one more patient word, one more kind deed, one more dollar saved, one more happy day lived...

One more year.. 2010 is going to be a good one.

7 comments:

Leeann said...

Love.

LOVE!!

Love, love, love this. I think it is utterly perfect.

And your blog looks really cute too, btw!

skatey katie said...

love it.
i think mine shall be "courage", said with a french accent like rupert everett says it in my best friend's wedding X

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

What a great philosophy.

My word for 2010 is STRIVE.

JCK said...

Lovely! One more indeed.

Mademoiselle Julie said...

That's a good one! Good luck w/your endeavors, Gina! Cheers, Julie

Karen MEG said...

What a great idea, "one more". It's like baby steps, pushing yourself but just that little do-able bit. Perfect!

Kiki Hamilton said...

I love your words for 2010! I'll look forward to hearing all the 'one more's' you accomplish!