Monday, January 11, 2010

Soup Week!

Like Shark week with fewer fins!




Winter seems to have returned to the Pacific Northwest with a vengeance. Unfortunately it's not the pretty white version but the evil gray, sloppy, drippy version of winter. So, since the weather is awful, and my husband is escaping to nicer climates for the week (uh huh.. he says he has to work.. right), and our January budget could definitely use some help, I've decided that the menu for this week is going to be soup.. lots and lots of soup!

Monday - Corn and Potato Chowder, Debbie's Beer Bread

Tuesday - Tortilla Soup, Nachos

Wednesday - Chicken and Dumplings, Veggie Stew and Dumplings

Thursday - Shredded Beef and Potato Soup, Vegetarian Chili

Friday - Homemade Pizza

Saturday - Steak, Mushroom Barley Loaf, Potatoes, Asparagus

Sunday - Leftovers, snacks, cereal or whatever Bob wants to cook

Check out Orgjunkie.com for more (and probably more creative) weekly menus!

5 comments:

Leeann said...

Gina,

LOVE your menu. I am going to try two of your soups this week or next. You are a great source for some healthier recipes, which I am sorely lacking!
Thank you!

Michelle said...

I actually love the idea of soup week! thanks for the recipes!

JCK said...

Sounds so nourishing. Can you come to my house?

dkuroiwa said...

oh how i would love to make so much soup...but, sadly, the men in my house look up soup as JUST a side-dish. so sad.
Hey! how did the bread turn out?? i'm always curious when others make it...kind of beer...altitude....what kind of mood you were in when you made it...all figures in to the final product!! :-D
have a great weekend!!!

Dawn Simon said...

Yum...soup week. And how perfect to have soup in this weather!

I saw one of your comments over at Kiki's, so I thought I'd come and visit! :)