Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My hairless cat...

... lived in my master bathroom because he simply could not adjust to the move to Washington. He was fourteen, incontinent, anxious, and yowled loudly all day and night. When he was out of the bathroom he yowled to get back in, when he was in the bathroom he yowled for company, when we stood in the bathroom and visited with him he would lie in his heated cat bed and yowl anyway. A few days before I had surgery I found out he had kidney disease and rather than prolong his life I chose to have him put to sleep.


www.nataliedee.com

Yeah, that's kind of how it feels....

2 comments:

Leeann said...

Aw. ((((((((((((((((((Gina))))))))))))))))))))

I have always wondered about those hairless cats. Kate would love, love, love a cat but Rob's allergic.
But still. A hairless cat?

Love ya!

Ginaagain said...

He was a very cool cat when he was young but he did not age well. The breed came from a single litter that was born hairless in 1968 so there are some genetic problems. By the way, they aren't really hypo-allergenic even though breeders claim they are. They still shed dander and tiny little guard hairs like you wouldn't believe.