Sunday, May 16, 2010

Menu Again...



Ah Spring! Everything is growing, I've got tons of energy, and I'm sick to death of cooking. The good news is that in just one month our CSA deliveries will start and I can start planning menus around the fresh vegetables in my box. I really love the challenge of opening the box and figuring out how I'm going to use everything. It's like an episode of Chopped in my own kitchen.. except I'm not a world class cook and my family knows better than to be too honest with their critiques. So in preparation it's time to start menu planning again. Oh, and to make things more interesting, my vegetarian children have decided, after two years of strict vegetarian eating, that they are eating some meat again but are still mostly vegetarian. Which means that I don't know who I'm cooking for anymore. Oh well, we will work it out as we go along.

Here's the menu for this week:


Monday - Breaded Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Corn (no vegetarian option because both of them asked for this meal)

Tuesday - Rigatoni with Marinara Sauce, Meatballs, Garlic bread

Wednesday - London Broil or Portobello Sandwiches, Salad, Chips

Thursday - Bean Tostadas, sliced leftover London Broil, Avocado Corn Relish

Friday - Panini Sandwiches, Chips

Saturday - Bob cooks something delicious

Sunday - Salmon, Frittata, Steamed Red Potatoes, Asparagus


For more menus check out the list at Orgjunkie.com. Laura has completely revamped her website and it looks fantastic!

2 comments:

Leeann said...

That menu sounds GREAT to me! Good for you for planning again. Maybe I will do the same this week. I got lax too.

I think it is cute how they decided together (just as before.) They must be pretty close.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

If you make your London Broil rare it is delicious to dice up the leftovers and saute them with onions for a Carne Asada--my family loves this.

Sounds like some good eatin' to me!