Wednesday, May 5, 2010

NaPiBoWriWee - Day 5

Brain Drain



Brain Drain is the working title for book number five and honestly the title is probably the most creative thing in it. I am so terribly tired... who knew that writing simple little picture books could be so exhausting? Truthfully, I had a suspicion that it would be a lot harder than it looks from the outside but I decided to do this, and I'm sticking with it, even though I feel as though every ounce of creativity has been sucked down that picture book brain drain.

I'm going to bed and praying for a bolt of inspiration or a miracle dream about a fully written story.

Day 5 - four and a half books written. (Book number four never did fully gel and I have decided to let it sit for a bit longer)

4 comments:

katswhiskers said...

Yep! I could relate to this. My brain has been clenching and cramping as I've written into the night. Today was bliss - finished by 11am (an hour ahead of schedule!) Tomorrow will be a tough battle to finish - Day 7! I won't get a chance to start writing until after tea, and this 'normally a nightowl' hasn't had enough sleep this week, to enjoy writing at night!

Cheering you on to the finish!

Leeann said...

I think you are doing really well. Keep it up!

Lizann Flatt said...

Love the title. Bet there's more there to work with--later--than you think. Keep going!

Jenni Bielicki said...

That's AWESOME! You are doing so great. I also relate to your brain drain. I started three different stories and left them sitting lonely in the queue... waiting for more of something, but not sure what yet. I'm on to write #5, 6, and 7 between tonight and tomorrow. We can do it PiBos!!!