Monday, December 17, 2007

Seven Random Things About Me...

MS Teacher has tagged me with this Meme. I've done it before but I'm random enough that it shouldn't be a problem to do it again. I think I will do a theme this time.

Here are the rules:
- Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
- Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
- Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Seven Random Things About Gina: The Pet Edition

1 - When I was born my Grandparents had a dog named Davette who adopted me as her own. When I was two I bit her nose.. then she bit mine. I've never bitten a dog again.
2- When I was seven I loved to catch lizards and keep them in my doll house. I never figured out if they escaped during the night or if my Mom snuck in and released them.
3- When I was ten I had a pet rock but I never really bonded with it. I think it ran away (or maybe my Mom released it.)
4 - When I was twelve I had a pet rat named Gabriel. I named him after Gabe Kaplan, the handsome star of Welcome Back Kotter. What a dork I was.. I didn't even notice John Travola who also starred in that show.

5 - Gabriel helped me win first prize at the Santa Clara County Science Fair. My project was Sleep Deprivation. I'm not sure who was actually more sleep deprived, the rat, me, or my poor mother who was stuck with the rat in her bathroom with the lights on all night for a month. She didn't release him though..
6 - I have an almost hairless cat named Jack. He's a Cornish Rex, he's an idiot and he's always cold. But man does he have personality!
7 - My children wanted hermit crabs. I let them buy hermit crabs. Then I started researching hermit crabs and discovered that if they are well taken care of they can live up to 25 years in captivity. The kids lost interest the first time they got pinched but I suffer from a very complex guilt complex that requires me to do everything I can to make sure these little guys are happy. I will probably have hermit crabs for the rest of my life.
*Bonus* I can't leave out Gracie.. She's eleven months old and spoiled rotten.


Now.. who do I tag??? Eeeny Meeny, Miney, Mo....

Author Mom with Dogs
Cupcake at A Truth Universally Acknowledged
Jenny at Chased By Children
Nicole at You Have Got to be Kidding
Professor J
Nikki at Rural Writings
Anne! at Nantucket Dreamer

8 comments:

AuthorMomWithDogs said...

Hmmm. I'd better get thinking. :)

Mrs. G. said...

I love your sense of humor! I spent many a night loving the sweathogs...I got your Mr. Kot-ter right here.

ms-teacher said...

Thanks for participating! I also have the ol' guilt complex thing going on. The youngest had a mommie hamster who have gave birth to 7 hamsters. We had a young cat who thought it would be fun to eat the momma hamster, which he did, leaving the babies behind. The babies were only a few days old, so I was up every two hours for several days, feeding six (one ended up dying within a day) baby hamsters. I even had to bring them to school with me!

The other six managed to survive long enough so that we could find homes for three of them.

Gina said...

Whoa.. now that's dedication! I can't even imagine how you would nurse those little things.

Nantucket Dreamer said...

I did it! I made my first post, thanks to you! I didn't know how to link things correctly - you can put that in my tutorial. Btw: what are your rates?

Steve Cunliffe said...

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that someone has digitally messed with one of your photos. Your poor cat now has ears the size of Horton's!

Gina said...

Hurray Anne!!! You are no longer a blogging virgin.

Steve.. Uh, no, that's what his ears actually look like. Or to be honest.. what they used to look like when he was young and king of the cat show. Now he's old and ugly.

kabbage said...

How funny that you have a Cornish Rex named Jack. I have a pet-sitting client with a Sphynx cat (even closer to hairless) named Jack. Like yours, my Jack is a hoot with lots of personality. He's also blue and white (pink, if you ask me) with a white blaze.

Travolta did nothing for me in Welcome Back, Kotter.

I almost lost a dear friend in college because I burst out laughing when she told me her roommate had dropped and killed their hermit crabs. I swear it was the way she said it, not that the crabs died!