This summer we joined a CSA (that's community supported agriculture) and have really enjoyed getting a weekly box of vegetables from a local organic farm. However, it has been a bit of a challenge to learn how to use them all, especially the kale and kohlrabi. I did find a fantastic recipe for kale tacos that my family will eat but so far the kohlrabi has been a dismal failure. Fortunately this week we don't have either vegetable in our box.
1 pint Sungold cherry tomatoes
1½# slicing tomatoes
1½# Roma beans
1½# all-purple potatoes
2 fennel bulbs
1# summer squash
1 bunch carrots
1 sweet fresh onion
2 jalapeno peppers
1 head garlic
1 red butter head lettuce
1 bunch cilantro
1 bunch chives
Most of the vegetable will be used in our meals but I'm also going to make a chile verde salsa with the tomatillos, jalapenos, and cilantro. I love the fact that an abundance of vegetables has pushed me to build vegetarian menus with meat on the side instead of meat based menus with adjustments for our vegetarians.
- Monday - Patty Pan Squash with eggs, purple potato galette, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers
- Tuesday - Spanish Rice, Nachos with beans, Salad
- Wednesday - Roasted Vegetables with Polenta , turkey sausage, french bread
- Thursday - Chicken and Fennel made with chicken and Chick'n Cutlets, golden couscous
- Friday - Make your own pizzas
- Saturday - Community Garage Sale - Sandwiches or Leftovers
- Sunday - Bob grills something yummy
Thanks to Laura at www.orgjunkie.com for hosting Menu Plan Monday. Check out her blog for more great ideas!