Sunday, January 11, 2009

Locusts!

This year one of our favorite Christmas presents is a quesadilla maker. It is magic! Leftovers become suddenly more desirable when covered with cheese and pressed between two tortillas in it's special heating chamber. Seriously, I haven't seen a kitchen appliance get this much action since the Magic Bullet came to live on my counter.

Last night we really put the little thing to the test. Zane had a group of friends over playing video games so we set up a nacho and quesadilla bar for them. Who knew that six 15 year old boys could consume two pounds of corn chips, a pound and a half of ground beef, six cups of refried beans, two pounds of cheese, two jars of queso dip, two jars of salsa, two avocados, and 30 flour tortillas in less than 20 minutes? And then top it all off with a gallon of ice cream an hour later.

It was glorious!

3 comments:

B2 C2 2009 said...

YAY!!!! HF3K! A:-)

dkuroiwa said...

This has now been put at the top of my "things I have to buy the next time I go to the States"!!! We do love our quesadillas here at Kamp Kuroiwa!!!

CarolinaMomOf5 said...

I want one of those! I have become a quesadilla-aholic over the last year. I thought for sure I'd get one of those for Christmas. No such luck. Does it seal the two tortillas together?