This week we will start our Advent Countdown Calendar. We have a cabinet with 24 drawers that I fill with candy somedays and notes others. I have always tried to have a good mix of fun, education, and candy, however, In 2006 I only did candy. Yesterday Zane and Taylor started talking about how much fun our Advent Calender "used to be" and when I said it will be fun again Zane replied "No it won't because you are working now." Ah.. guilt.. such a Christmas-y emotion! I haven't taken out the cabinet yet but tomorrow we will officially start the season.
Hanukkah also begins this week, December 4th through the 12th, and we will having a celebration Saturday night. When I was a teen I spent one night of Hanukkah with my best friend's family each year and it's a tradition I have tried to continue with my own children. I feel it is very important that they grow up appreciating and understanding other religious traditions, as well as learning about the foundations of their own religion.
Well this is a bit long-winded... so on with the menu!
- Monday - Beef Stew, French Bread
- Tuesday - Chunky Bean Soup with Ham and Kale
- Wednesday - Quesadillas and Salad
- Thursday - Stuffed Chicken Breasts, Roasted Sweet and White Potatoes
- Friday - Broccoli Quiche and Fruit Salad
- Saturday - Chicken Soup, Latkes, Applesauce, Honey Cake
- Sunday - To Be Decided Later
Thanks to Debi at orgjunkie.com for hosting. If you don't know her go visit.. she's got lots of great ideas.
Have a good week!