Monday, October 6, 2008

Five Things I'm Thankful for Tonight

The end of fundraising season. In the last month my kids have sold nuts, cookie dough, wrapping paper and coupon books but it all ends tomorrow. Hurray! I wish they would just give us the opportunity to donate money to the school instead of wasting our time and our neighbor's good will.



Moose Munch, the perfect combination of popcorn and chocolate coating with plenty of toffee covering everything. Now this would make a good fundraiser...

Dogs. Have I told you all how fantastic my dogs are? My Father in law has been taking them out for walks and they have fallen madly in love with him. Funny, they don't love me nearly as much and I walk them every day.





Tazo Berryblossom White Tea makes the best iced tea. I can't think of anything clever to say about this product. It's just yummy. I think I'll have a cup of it and then go to bed.




And lastly... an orthopaedic wedge pillow that will allow me to sleep in my own bed with my husband. Yes, he will be propped up on a pillow shaped like cheese but it's one step closer to normalcy.


Normalcy has never been one of my goals but it's looking pretty good after a week on the couch.

Goodnight!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ay, so I'm just noticing that you still have my old blog up (You Should Be So Lucky). Thing is, though I am still there, it is not the blog you initially signed up for. I moved several months ago:) You can still read my "Lucky" blog if ya want. But I wanted to make sure you know the blog you initially signed up for is at www.ButIHadATiara.blogspot.com now:)

And hey, does the pillow happen to be for snoring? I'm just asking. Not that anyone in MY house would need one or anything. Yeah, I'm just curious...;)

Laura/CenterDownHome said...

Are those cashews in that moose mix? :)

Someone gave us a Moose Munch bowl from Harry and David one Christmas. It is definitely not the most attractive thing, but it reminds me to reorder once in while:

http://www.harryanddavid.com/gifts/store/gift____gourmet-popcorn-moose-munch-gifts

Does it sound too Pollyanna of me to admit that a graditude list every now and then helps me see my life differently? My kids, my husband, my home differently? Centers me. :)

Gina said...

Hi Tiffany, I think I got confused when you moved. I actually read both of your blogs I just use one to get to the other. :-) I just changed your address in my bloglist.

The pillow may work for snoring but I think you would have a hard time convincing someone to use it if they weren't in pain. Bob has a broken sternum so he can't lay flat. Last night was the first night in a week that he didn't sleep in his office chair.

Hey Laura, yes those are cashews... although last night we were actually eating white chocolate macadamia (but I couldn't find a picture).

I have a secret to tell you.. I am desperately trying to follow your recipe for joy. Ergo, the gratitude list. There are many things to be happy for in my life and I'm trying to focus on those.

Leeann said...

Gina,


Enjoy your night with Bob and your bed. You have been so good to him!

Leeann

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I am so sorry. I probably should have known but am so behind in all of my blog reading, I probably missed that post(s). I am so sorry about your hubby. Ouch. I hope it heals quickly and no other problems crop up. I hope his appointment goes well. Blessings and thoughts, Tiffany

dkuroiwa said...

oh my goodness but if there is a God and he/she is listening (reading?) I will wake up to find Moose Munch on my table! That looks just almost too good to be true.
And does Tazo have a bad tea?? All I have ever tried were just awesome!
If you buy that pillow in bulk, do you get a special price?! just asking...
Good stuff to be thankful for!!