Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Too Late Tuesday...




Where did Monday go? I know it was just here. Maybe it's hiding behind that huge stack of paperwork that the schools NEED me to fill out again this year even though it's the same stack I filled out last year, and the year before, and the year before.. and nothing has changed? Oh well. Anyway... I guess I've lost Monday so today will have to be Menu Plan Tuesday. It doesn't matter much though because last week I failed to cook even one meal on my list. Honestly, I only cooked three meals all week! It was that kind of week... and then it got worse. This week will have to be better.


Our CSA share this week...

1# green beans
3 ears of sweet corn
1 bunch white carrots
1# slicing tomatoes
2# red potatoes
1 fennel bulb (plus two more that I snagged from the give away box... apparently some people really don't like fennel)
1# tomatillos
1 onion
1 cucumber
2 peppers (1 green and 1 sweet Kappelo)
6 jalapenos
1 bunch arugula
1 bunch cilantro
1 bag basil



  • Monday - Spicy Tofu or Beef, Mung Bean Noodles and Vegetables

  • Tuesday - Pulled Pork Sandwiches, TVP Sloppy Joes, Waffle Fries, Tomatoes and Cucumbers

  • Wednesday - Chicken and Fennel made with Chicken or Quorn Chik'n and Couscous

  • Thursday - Lasagna - Back to School night at the high school so this will be in the oven

  • Friday - I will be at the Portland Bead Fest so it's leftovers, sandwiches or pizza

  • Saturday - Shrimp Tacos, Pink Beans, Sauteed Peppers, Guacamole, Tortillas

  • Sunday - Bob grills something

Today is apparently the first day of Autumn but we have absolutely gorgeous weather so I'm going to stick the pork in the crockpot and then get on my bike and go for a ride. Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Renee said...

Menu plan that sounds like a very organized and a very good idea.

Love Renee xoxo