Saturday, August 2, 2008

An Award for Little Old Me?

Jason from The Jason Show is one of my blogging heros. He has a wicked sense of humor, knows how to tell a great story, and, most important, he is able to tell the truth with remarkably little self censoring. I admire his writing and his courage. When he drops by my blog and leaves comments I have to fight the urge to dance around my computer. I can't even begin to describe how excited I was when I read his latest post and found that he had actually given ME an award.

Thank you so much Jason.


This award is especially neat because it comes with an A to Z quiz. So here are my answers...

A. Attached or single? Attached to the same guy for 24 years.
B. Best friend? Bob (see question A)
C. Cake or pie? Oh.. tough one.. how about cake with fruit but not fruit cake. A nice fruit tart with lots of fresh berries and pastry cream on sponge cake. Oh goodness I just took myself back to my Great Aunt's kitchen in Melrose Park... except no one is yelling at me in Italian.
D. Day of choice? Sunday
E. Essential item? Shampoo
F. Favorite color? Red
G. Gummy bears or worms? Ick!
H. Hometown? Jerome, Arizona
I. Favorite indulgence? ice cream
J. January or July? July
K. Kids? 2 boys 19 and 15, two girls 13 and 9
L. Life isn't complete without? Church
M. Marriage date? November 21, 1987
N. Number of brothers & sisters? 2 younger brothers, one much younger half sister
O. Oranges or apples? oranges
P. Phobias? The Post Office
Q. Quotes? I like using them.
R. Reasons to smile? Bob, Dogs, Kids
S. Season of choice? Autumn
T. Tag seven peeps! (see below)
U. Unknown fact about me? I have one elf ear
V. Vegetable? avocado
W. Worst habits? Complaining
X. X-ray or ultrasound? Ultrasound
Y. Your favorite food? Mexican food
Z. Zodiac sign? Capricorn.

Now I get to pass this award on to seven great bloggers. My seven award winners are:
JCK @ Motherscribe
Laura @ CenterDownHome
Debbie @ Etc., Etc., Etc.
Bellezza @ Dolce Bellezza
MS Teacher @ MS Teacher
Julie @ Absolutely Fabulous
Taylor @ My Blog of My World

I love your blogs and you all deserve recognition. Keep writing!

6 comments:

Bellezza said...

Gina, you're so sweet. Thank you for the award, and I love blogging with YOU!

Jason, as himself said...

Gina, stop! You're too kind. But thank you. I enjoyed reading your responses to the quiz!

christa jean said...

I think Julie from AbFab is great too! And you are too funny!
Will you post a pic of your elfen ear? Please?! ;-D

dkuroiwa said...

Thanks so much Gina!! Very kind of you, my dear!!!
Will work on the quiz tonight!!

These awards are great, but, I keep checking out new people...my GoogleReader list is getting beyond long...I'm going to have to do some reorganizing of my daily schedule just to work in reading blogs!!!

Taylor said...

My first blog award... What an exciting day! I'll go put it up. =D

Karen MEG said...

Congrats on the award, Gina!!!