Sunday, August 3, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Photobucket



I'm having a lot of fun cooking lately and I think it's directly related to the planning I've been doing. We have had some very interesting meals. I'm still not sticking to the plan 100% but just knowing that there is a plan has helped me to be more creative. For instance, when we decided that it really was a great weekend to smoke salmon, rather than have the heavy roast that I had planned, it was no problem at all. The other positive change has been that I'm getting a lot better at making sure that my two vegetarians are eating meals that are fairly well balanced and hopefully interesting. This coming week is supposed to be very warm so I'm planning lots of grilled or no-cook meals.

Monday - Sopes with Shredded Chicken, Shrimp, or Beans
Tuesday - Rotisserie Chicken, Field Roast Apple Smoked Sausage, Grilled Potatoes, Corn on the Cob
Wednesday - Caponata or Steak Sandwiches on Ciabatta, Baked Potato Chips
Thursday - Salad Bar
Friday - Pork or Tofu, Pineapple and Pepper Kabobs, Couscous, Salad
Saturday - Make your own Pizza
Sunday - Waffles, Sausage, Fruit Salad
Thanks to Laura at Orgjunkie.com for hosting Menu Plan Monday! Have a good week everyone.

4 comments:

nicrogers said...

Your menu plan looks great Gina and I am glad to hear/read that the meals are becoming healthier for your vegetarians. That is the difficult part of kids who decide to be vegetarians. Well, actually it is not just a problem with kids. It seems that there are a lot of people that are vegetarians but their diets are horribly unbalanced. So good for you for trying new recipes and helping them eat a healthy vegetarian diet.

Michele @ Frugal Granola said...

Your menu sounds delicious! :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Blessings,
Michele

Jason, as himself said...

Delicious and so varied. Now I'm hungry.

Manager Mom said...

I'll be showing up on your doorstep on any combination of Mondays, Fridays, and Sundays. Just so you plan for the extra head.