Thursday, October 25, 2007

I'm going to complain.. feel free to ignore me...

There aren't enough hours in the day and I'm not finding any time to write. I have committed to doing the NaNoWriMo (national novel writing month) but tonight I missed the first meeting of our local group because Bob had to work late and I was just too tired to do anything social. I don't' have to be involved in the group to write a novel in a month, but it definitely helps to have people to suffer with.

This will be the third year I've attempted NaNoWriMo and I've never completed the marathon. In fact I quit before I even got started last year. November was a very bad month for us. By the first week I had been so overwhelmed by the events unfolding in my house that I was only able to live minute to minute. I am better prepared this year but I hadn't expected to be working all day, or to have family visiting the week before and after Thanksgiving, or to be dealing with the worry of Ian's imminent melt-down.

But... these are excuses. I have a book to write. It's not even a big book. It's about 120 pages. That's only four pages a day. It is an achievable goal if I can stay motivated. IF!

No comments: