Thursday, February 28, 2008

Blogging

I've been doing some thinking about the blog lately and trying to decide what exactly I want to accomplish with it. I didn't really have a goal in mind when I started writing this.. other than to write something every day. I figured if I told a few friends I might feel as though I had to write for them every day. Leeann can testify that it didn't work! But she refused to give up on me and continued to ask every few weeks if I was going to be updating any time soon. You are a great friend Leeann, and a very patient woman.

Anyway, in September I made a commitment to give myself six months to work on nothing but writing. It was a serious commitment.. at least I thought it was.. and the first thing I did to prove that was to start posting to the blog. I intended to use it as something of a warm up and an organization tool to keep me on track with menu planning and time management. Well, of course, plans change and instead of six months I got six weeks. A staffing emergency led my husband to ask me to come work in his office part time for a few weeks. A few weeks turned into a few months, part time turned into full time, and I've written very little other than the blog. Next week marks the end of my six months.

Six months isn't very long at all.

5 comments:

Karen Jensen said...

And blogging is still writing, my friend. I have done very little writing other than the occasional in-class writing assignment with my students and my blog. But I figure that is helping. Writers write--even little things.

Mrs. G. said...

Professor J. is right...writing is writing. And, yes, six months ain't what it used to be.

Nancy said...

As we come to the end of the February blogging challenge I want to thank you for hosting it.The challenge has been a lot of fun.I have met some new friends through the challenge.The gift package I received from a weekly drawing was an added bonus.I want to thank you again for your generosity.

Karen MEG said...

I agree with Nancy, it was wonderful of you to host the February blog challenge... writing is writing, and life goes on outside of the blogosphere. I know you really want to get at that novel of yours, and you will more regularly again. Life is like that, a challenge with ebbs and flows of activity. And slumps. Don't be too hard on yourself.

And thanks again for the gift ... no worries about the timing, it's all good.

Have a great weekend Gina!

Gina said...

Thank you all for the encouragement and for helping me stay focused. You are a great group of people.