Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday Night

I had big plans for the weekend but I think I only accomplished a third of what I wanted to do. I really don't want to go to work tomorrow. I want to stay home and putter around my house, cleaning and putting things in order. Funny, six months ago I used to grouse about having to clean the house, now I just wish I had time. This is one of the things that working again has taught me. I've learned that I didn't appreciate what I had and now I want it back. I want to move all of my furniture out onto the back patio and scrub floors. I want to organize the garage. I want to make 17 trips to Goodwill and get rid of all the crud that's clogging up my life. Oh.. and sometime during the day I want to find a couple of minutes to write.


I think it's time to reevaluate my priorities.



In the meantime I guess I'll just analyze my menu choices for the week.

  • Monday - Beef Stew
  • Tuesday - Chicken Scallopini with Pasta and Asparagus
  • Wednesday - Chili Verde, Beans, Tortillas, and Salad
  • Thursday - Chicken Mei Fun
  • Friday - Soup and Paninis
  • Saturday - Bob Cooks
  • Sunday - Who knows, maybe we'll just have ice cream...

5 comments:

Kiy said...

Looks great, I'd love to see your Chicken Mei Fun recipe. Although, I have to admit, your menu for Sunday looks like my fav! :)

Cheers, Kiy

Family Adventure said...

Sunday sounds like a big hit with my boys!!

I do know the feeling of being overwhelmed with work, and just wishing for a few hours to catch up on everything else. It's hard!

But once the spring is here, we'll find that extra gear and get some of those things off the list. I hope...

Heidi

nicrogers said...

Gina, I can totally relate to your desier to stay home and clean. Or rather, to have the time to stay home and clean. I feel your pain.

Gina said...

Kiy, I added a link for the recipe.. although I have to admit I follow it very loosely.

Heidi, winter does make it harder to juggle everything and it's been raining for ten days straight and I suppose that has a lot to do with how I'm feeling.

Heart of Wisdom said...

Your to to list looks like mine-- too much to do.


I have two posts this week.

1. My regular Menu Plan Monday at http://heartofwisdom.com/heartathome

2. An article about menu planning, online helps, and this meme on my homeschool blog
http://heartofwisdom.com/blog

See you there :)