Sunday, November 25, 2007

My dear friend Leeann wrote a fun post celebrating the arrival of her Christmas cards today. Now I enjoy Christmas as much as the next Scrooge but Christmas cards are an ongoing nightmare for me. Year after year I plan on sending out cards something always goes wrong. So, today I will share with you all the ghosts of Christmas Cards past. These were the photos that should have been.. and in a few cases actually were.. made into family Christmas cards but somehow never made it to the post office.


2000



2001



2003




2004




This year I don't intend to try making a card. It would just be too weird to create a family card with only three of the kids and yet it feels dishonest to try and get a photo of all four looking like a happy Christmas family. Perhaps I can find a nice Grinch card.

4 comments:

Family Adventure said...

Oh, Gina. The pictures look great, but your last comment pulls at my heart. I am sorry that you are going through this. I hope you'll have four happy kids for Christmas next year.
Hugs to you! Heidi

Leeann said...

Seeing those pictures was such a gift! I love them! It looks like such an age difference between Ian and Zane because Zane hadn't hit his huge growth spurt yet.

BTW, I know what you mean about the Christmas card and the perfect family and it feeling dishonest. I know you were referring to Ian but you know what? I think many of us feel that way, Gina. A real Christmas card for us would be Chris playing his DS, Trey bothering him and/or trying to see the DS screen (or else in the midst of a karate kick, directed at a sibling) and Kate alternately reading and rolling her eyes.

Hugs,
Leeann

ms-teacher said...

I'm right with you on the ol'bah humbug feeling. You do have beautiful kids. Thanks so much for sharing.

Gina said...

Thanks everyone. I'm not really as negative as I sound.